User Comments for Week 5 QB Rankings

Football > 2012 > Week 5 > Rankings > Comments

User Comments for Week 5 QB Rankings

Finally giving Matt Ryan the credit he deserves, for anyone who hasnt realized, he's the best qb in the game, and continues to prove so every week.

strahl9 10/02/12 02:23 PM

Rodgers, Brees, Brady, and possibly RG3 will all finish ahead of Ryan by the end of this Season. I love Ryan but after 4 weeks it's to early to declare him the King of QB's just yet.

Kinglions 10/02/12 04:14 PM

strahl9 - For the record, FFToolbox ranked Ryan 6th pre-draft, which I suspect was higher than most. On the podcast I've stated repeatedly Ryan is pound-for-pound my fave fantasy QB this year. So not sure where we get "finally", but yes, against the Redskins there is no doubt he's projected as No.1 this week. Thanks

Ben Standig 10/02/12 07:01 PM

Help!!!!!!!!!!!! Should I trade Rice and Decker for Megatron and Peterson! I am in a ppt league!

Hgriff1 10/02/12 07:04 PM

By the I have Ryan! I agree the top QB this year so far! Sleeper? I think so!

Hgriff1 10/02/12 07:12 PM

Finally was used in reference to him FINALLY being ranked number one, and good for you, I hope you have said he is your favorite fantasy QB throughout the year on your podcast, because its been obvious to anyone with eyes and a brain that he is the best fantasy QB and QB in real football. Im just happy he's getting the respect he finally deserves though was all that was said from me anyways, and the pound-for-pound analogy made no sense, their not boxers LOL. Damn narcissist, DIRTY BIRDS OE.

strahl9 10/02/12 07:15 PM

Cam Newton or Christian Ponder?

giwarriors12 10/02/12 08:41 PM

@Hgriff I would do def do that trade in a non-PPR league. Rice gets nearly twice the receptions a game than AP does, so probably not in PPR.

Hizenthorn 10/02/12 08:54 PM

@giwarriors I would roll with Newton almost every week of the year, he always has a big upside.

Hizenthorn 10/02/12 08:55 PM

Keep Rice and Decker. Rice is the best RB in fantasy, and Decker is a third year reciever with Peyton Manning throwing him the ball. Hes gonna have a great year.

Newton for now is the start you want to make over Ponder. However I do feel there are possible match ups where Ponder could be more effective and have bigger upside.

xxjonesy87 10/02/12 11:26 PM

Which match ups?

giwarriors12 10/03/12 01:08 AM

I got Stafford on a bye this week...who should I roll with, Kevin Kolb thur night agaisnt the Rams or matt hasselback agaisnt the Vikings in a ppr league??

Kidmikey23 10/03/12 06:07 AM

@Giwarriors he's got a match up against the terrible Redskins secondary next week. He plays the Packers twice so you know he'll have to throw a lot to keep up. Also the week after the Redskins game he plays an Arizona team that just gave up 400+ yards to a rookie quarterback. He also plays the Rams in week 15. I like all those match ups. Now, next week Newton is on a bye so Ponder is a great stand in for you thanks to his amazingly timed matchup against the Redskins. Week 8 while Newton is playing the Bears, Ponder is playing the Buccaneers, a team that just gave up 300+ to Robert Griffin, and 500+ to Eli Manning this year.

xxjonesy87 10/03/12 08:08 AM

@Kidmikey I would say Kolb, Vikings defense has been playing a lot better than Rams this year so far, and Kolb has the better receiver to throw to.

xxjonesy87 10/03/12 08:09 AM

Thks!! Ok so I picked up kolb for a spot start but after reading the sit em' advice I'm was wondering if I shud still go with kolb?? Bradford, Cassel, Weeden, Hasselback, Gabbert are still on the wire??

Kidmikey23 10/03/12 10:41 AM

Help! Okay, so Brian Hartline is favored over Anquan Boldin BUT NFL.com recommends sitting Brian Hartline since the matchup against the Bengals would not be in his favor. I already benched Boldin and put Hartline in. Should I change it back? I'm torn. Who do you think will put up the better numbers? Anqua is going up agains Kansas City. What should I do? Anquan has been inconsistent for me. But looking at Brian Hartline prior to last week, he wasn't that consistent either. Help!!!

atlcharm 10/03/12 02:43 PM

Ooops, realized I posted this under QB, but if you still want to help, please do. Thank you!

atlcharm 10/03/12 02:44 PM

[WDIS] Roethlisberger [vs PHI] or Dalton [vs MIA]?

csabatini88 10/03/12 03:02 PM

Hey need some help I'm in a non PPR league and need to play 2 RB, 2 WR and 1 flex for RB's I have LeSean McCoy PHI, Jamaal Charles KC and Alfred Morris WAS, then for WR's I have Andre Johnson HOU, Danny Amendola STL, Andre Roberts AZ and DeSean Jackson PHI. So witch players should i start in WR slots, RB slots and the 1 Flex slot. I'd very much appreciate anybody and everyone's thoughts on this so pls comment thanks. Oh also Brian Hartline Is still there and right now is an FA in my league should I drop Andre Roberts, or any others above for him? Watcha think

Six19R_OG-Mobsta 10/03/12 10:43 PM

Brees is on bye come week 6 and I don't have a backup since I'm stacked in the RB department... What QB should I take a look at via the waivers (Fitz, Freeman, Cassel or Smith available in my league) or should I make a trade for a backup QB?

KennyBrittle 10/03/12 11:17 PM

Definitely Fitz

giwarriors12 10/04/12 12:20 AM

Appreciate it @giwarriors12, and as for you @Matt214racer I think its obvious you start all 3 of your RBs along with Danny Amendola and DeSean Jackson at WR (Andre Johnson is less likely to put up big numbers on the Jets because their ground game will be unstoppable). I would also drop Roberts for Hartline, yes. Go with your gut though.

KennyBrittle 10/04/12 03:40 AM

@Matt214 and @KennyBrittle start Andre over DeSean this week. Revis is out, and the Jets look like a beat dog. You're right, the Texans will run all over them, but there's gonna be 3rd downs eventually and Johnson will get the looks and some scores.

xxjonesy87 10/04/12 08:36 AM

Decided on goin with Bradford instead of Kolb..

Kidmikey23 10/04/12 09:47 AM

K thanks I appreciate the info and should I use Danny Amendola, DeSean Jackson, Or Andre Roberts in WR2 slot and in flex spot use Alfred Morris forsho or one of the WR in my 2RB slots I'm going with jamaal Charles and LeSean McCoy

Six19R_OG-Mobsta 10/04/12 12:48 PM

kolb vs rams defense, or cam newton vs seattle defense?

alfrickinmeida 10/04/12 04:01 PM

rodgers is still the best in the game, he's WON the big games .. gimme a break matt ryan has sucked in the playoffs TWO years in a row, he ain't matty ice in the playoffs, and if GB has to go to ATL again we'll crush them again..

Paperboii Phenomenon 10/04/12 04:48 PM

Ryan or Brady? and yes I have both

Jer21 10/04/12 09:32 PM

this is a tough one 12 team league stafford on bye i have the option of starting weeden or sanchez at qb who would you go with?

criffrock 10/05/12 10:58 AM

flacco or vick this week? im not sure why vick is rated so high this week going against the steelers who are getting healthy on defense. and why flacco is rated so low going against the horrible chiefs

bringdafunk100 10/05/12 12:20 PM

I keep going back and forth with this but do I start Matt Ryan or RGIII this week?

Toogr82b4got10 10/05/12 02:23 PM

Six19R_OG-Mobsta 10/05/12 03:10 PM

Peyton or Eli for this week? Eli has an easy matchup that scares me a little but I dont trust Peyton 100% yet.

Emanuel 10/05/12 03:41 PM

i like hawkins and jones

criffrock 10/05/12 03:41 PM

Should I start Can Newton or RG3??

PatsguyinCO 10/06/12 04:01 PM

Since Danny Amendola got inured and there's a lot of good WR's in my FA pick up who should I go with, these r some of them James Jones, Andrew Hawkins, Armon Binns, Jerome Simpson, Devery Henderson, Brandon Tate, Leonard Hankerson, B. Laflel, Domenik Hixon, D. Driver, H. Douglas, D. Avery, M. Crabtree, Kendall Wright, Malcom Floyd etc basically there's still a lot of pretty good players that haven't been picked up yet and I also am dropping my back up K G. Zuerlin bc I only needed him this week so I have 2 players I can get from FA instantly and if any of then would be better then who I've got starting now I can switch them so let me know wat all of u think thanks oh and should I keep DeSean Jackson or drop him for one of the FA's also pls let me know wat all of u think gotta pick up the WR's from FA before Sundays games start bc then those players won't be FA anymore they'll be waiver wire players and I've got hosed 3 times trying to get a player threw waiver

Nvm Domenik Hixon bc I picked him up for my back up Def and I can't drop Amendola or Zuerlin rite now since I started them tonite witch means after week 5 is over then I can drop them for 2 of those guys in waiver wire so still witch 2 should I pick up for them? I'm still able to drop WR's DeSean Jackson or Andre Roberts rite now to get one of the FA WR's I mentioned ASAP but I'm stuck and unsure if I should drop either Jackson or Roberts or if I should maybe drop them both for 2 FA's? Let me know ur input and ur thoughts on this thanks and I'm in a NON PPR LEAGUE

Six19R_OG-Mobsta 10/07/12 05:05 AM

Dalton vs. Luck on a bye week fill in?

dgreen 10/09/12 05:59 AM