2014 Dynasty League Rankings
Updated Tuesday, August 5, 2014My Dynasty rankings are predicated on a three year window. To project six seasons long term is unrealistic and not feasible considering the flux of free agency and the injury impact of the NFL. Along with different Dynasty league formatting. I factor individual talent, supporting cast, system, injury history/character concerns, and perceived value in the eyes of Dynasty players.
26. Alex Smith, QB, KC - Age 30
If you need a cheap backup in a deep league, he's a candidate. The upside is severely limited.
27. Carson Palmer, QB, ARI - Age 34
Has some utility in deep leagues and 2QB formats. Otherwise just a short-term backup.
28. Geno Smith, QB, NYJ - Age 24
Not a believer. It's still too early to write him off though.
29. Ryan Mallett, QB, HOU - Age 26
Big arm and prolific in college. Statuesque pocket passer has some sneaky upside.
30. Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, NE (R) - Age 23
A cheap prospect who could have a starting future.
31. Derek Carr, QB, OAK (R) - Age 23
Figures to get a chance soon.
32. Jake Locker, QB, TEN - Age 26
Wildly inconsistent. Talented athlete. Never been a reliable QB though.
33. Brian Hoyer, QB, CLE - Age 29
Could start for a while. I'm not expecting a great FF payoff.
34. Brock Osweiler, QB, DEN - Age 24
Inconsistent at Arizona State. Might get a chance when Peyton moves on.
35. Kirk Cousins, QB, WAS - Age 26
Could be serviceable in the future.