2014 Dynasty League Rankings
Updated Tuesday, August 5, 2014My Dynasty rankings are predicated on a three year window. To project six seasons long term is unrealistic and not feasible considering the flux of free agency and the injury impact of the NFL. Along with different Dynasty league formatting. I factor individual talent, supporting cast, system, injury history/character concerns, and perceived value in the eyes of Dynasty players.
1. Calvin Johnson, WR, DET - Age 29
Yea, he's old, but he's simply on another level.
2. Demaryius Thomas, WR, DEN - Age 27
Consistently dominant with several peak years left in the tank.
3. Dez Bryant, WR, DAL - Age 26
Same story as DT. He should be a rock in your WR1 spot for years.
4. A.J. Green, WR, CIN - Age 26
He's been good and I think his best seasons are still ahead of him.
5. Julio Jones, WR, ATL - Age 26
Dominant when in the lineup. Multiple foot injuries are the only question mark.
6. Alshon Jeffery, WR, CHI - Age 25
Had a monster sophomore season. Can he repeat it? Did Marshall's presence make things easier for him?
7. Sammy Watkins, WR, BUF - Age 21
Top young prospect with a high ceiling. Should hold great trade value over the next year. If you decide he's not going to become a top 10 guy, trade him after this season.
8. Brandon Marshall, WR, CHI - Age 30
Steady and reliable. On the backslope of his prime.
9. Jordy Nelson, WR, GB - Age 29
The #1 target in a great offense should have a few really strong years left.
10. Antonio Brown, WR, PIT - Age 26
Could fall back down to Earth after a very strong 2013, but should remain a top 20 FF WR.
11. Victor Cruz, WR, NYG - Age 28
Not an elite guy, but in the next tier. Several good seasons left.
12. Randall Cobb, WR, GB - Age 24
Probably not an elite talent in a vacuum. Really good fit for the system though. Injuries and the possibility of a team change add a layer of risk.
13. Michael Floyd, WR, ARI - Age 25
Strong sophomore season. Looks like he could be the #1 guy there once Fitz slows down. At worst, he's a solid #2.
14. Keenan Allen, WR, SD - Age 22
Not the biggest or fastest. Effective possession WR with good YAC skills. Could be this generation's Hines Ward.
15. Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, MIN - Age 23
Huge upside. Not yet a sure thing.
16. Mike Evans, WR, TB - Age 21
Tall with good jump ball ability. Suspect separation skills are a slight concern. Has a top 10 ceiling though and will carry good trade value for a while by virtue of reputation.
17. T.Y. Hilton, WR, IND - Age 25
Never going to be an elite #1, but looks poised to be a perennial WR2-WR3 in FF leagues.
18. Percy Harvin, WR, NYJ - Age 26
Big talent. A better version of Cobb, but older with an even more checkered injury history. A steal here if he can stay healthy.
19. Larry Fitzgerald, WR, ARI - Age 31
No longer the dominant force he once was. Still a solid depth player with some good seasons left.
20. Michael Crabtree, WR, SF - Age 27
Really only had one strong NFL season and always seems to get nicked up. When he's healthy and in the lineup, he produces.
21. Kendall Wright, WR, TEN - Age 25
Reception machine is a solid depth player who could potentially take a step forward if he can incorporate more big plays downfield into his game.
22. Andre Johnson, WR, HOU - Age 33
All-Pro talent coming up on the end of his prime. Best value is for immediate contenders.
23. Brandin Cooks, WR, NO - Age 21
Diminutive prospect with electric speed and explosiveness. Not built like your typical #1 WR, but goes to a team that should give him plenty of opportunities.
24. Josh Gordon, WR, CLE - Age 23
A top 3 player on youth and talent. Maybe even the #1 guy. However, his character risk is astronomical. How early can you stomach a blown pick for a chance at a mega star? Somewhere around here seems about right.
25. Justin Hunter, WR, TEN - Age 23
Tall, stringy deep threat with suspect possession skills. Poised to take a step forward in 2014. Comparable to past one-year wonders like Javon Walker and Sidney Rice. Throw it up deep and he'll get it. Probably never going to be a consistent top guy though. Sell him if he has a breakout year.