2016 Dynasty Football Rankings
Updated Tuesday, May 31, 2016Our Dynasty rankings are predicated on a five year window. To project six seasons long term is unrealistic and not feasible considering the flux of free agency and the injury impact of the NFL. Along with different Dynasty league formatting. we factor individual talent, supporting cast, system, injury history/character concerns, and perceived value in the eyes of Dynasty players.
26. Joe Flacco, QB, BAL - Age 31
Never totaled more than 30 TDs. Never topped 4,000 yards.
27. Tony Romo, QB, DAL - Age 36
If given 16 games, Romo can be a fringe QB1. Good luck counting on him to play in 16 games though.
28. Paxton Lynch, QB, DEN (R) - Age 22
If the Broncos announced him as their starter today, he's be inside the top 16. Still some really good weapons in Denver.
29. Alex Smith, QB, KC - Age 32
Acceptable stats, yet this offense and his arm isn't built to win Fantasy titles.
30. Ryan Fitzpatrick, QB, NYJ - Age 33
With Brandon Marshall and Eric Decker, it's hard to say he really overachieved. Needs to be back with the Jets to retain any Fantasy value.
31. Christian Hackenberg, QB, NYJ (R) - Age 21
Developmental prospect that was at one time considered a potential top draft pick.
32. Sam Bradford, QB, MIN - Age 28
The ship has sailed on Bradford. For those still holding out hope, why?
33. Colin Kaepernick, QB, SF - Age 28
Looks like he'll have another year to disappoint in San Francisco.
34. Robert Griffin III, QB, CLE - Age 26
They're taking a flier on him to recapture his rookie magic. Don't count on it.
35. Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, NE - Age 24
Brady's heir apparent. Worth a shot as long as Bill Belichick is coaching him.
36. Garrett Grayson, QB, FA - Age 25
First in line after Drew Brees. Not a bad place to be in a dynasty.
37. Blaine Gabbert, QB, SF - Age 27
If he does eventually get the starting gig, Gabbert is a Fantasy afterthought.
38. Mark Sanchez, QB, DAL - Age 29
A placeholder for a team in need of a franchise QB.
39. Geno Smith, QB, NYJ - Age 26
Might get one final shot if things don't pan out for Ryan Fitzpatrick.
40. Cody Kessler, QB, CLE (R) - Age 23
You never know what is going to happen with RG3 and Kessler has the skills to beat Josh McCown as Cleveland's backup quarterback. In fact, Cleveland Browns GM Sashi Brown says he is competing with Robert Griffin III for the starting job, though that is a long shot.
41. Brett Hundley, QB, GB - Age 23
He's just sitting back trying to become the next Aaron Rodgers... Good luck with that.
42. Mike Glennon, QB, TB - Age 26
With Jameis Winston at the helm, Glennon has no value unless Winston goes down with a significant injury.
43. Brian Hoyer, QB, CHI - Age 30
Hoyer is old, he throws way too many interceptions and has blown opportunity after opportunity.
44. Josh McCown, QB, CLE - Age 37
His value has never been any lower now that Cleveland has RG3 and Cody Kessler.
45. Bryce Petty, QB, NYJ - Age 25
We still have yet to see him play but if Fitzpatrick doesn't resign with New York, he could get a chance if Geno struggles.
46. Landry Jones, QB, PIT - Age 27
A pedestrian quarterback who didn't show us much when he got his chance last season. Roethlisberger isn't going anywhere so Jones will ride the bench.
47. Ryan Mallett, QB, BAL - Age 28
Mallett was immature while with the Texans and will likely spend the next few years with a clipboard backing up Joe Flacco.
48. A.J. McCarron, QB, CIN - Age 26
McCarron showed promise when Andy Dalton went down last season. It may have looked a little different if he didn't have the weapons he had but the product out of Alabama managed to throw six touchdowns compared to just two interceptions during the regular season. If not for some boneheaded plays on the defense, he would have led the Bengals the their first playoff win in ages.
49. Jacoby Brissett, QB, NE (R) - Age 23
Jimmy Garoppolo's contract is up next year so if he fails to perform this year if/when Brady serves his four-game suspension, the Patriots may elect to keep Brissett and let Jimmy G go.
50. Zach Mettenberger, QB, PIT - Age 25
The Titans just waived Mettenberger, and they absolutely had a good reason. He had the lowest total QBR since 2015 and an 0-10 record as a starter. If you want to take a chance on someone, look elsewhere.