2016 Dynasty Football Rankings
Updated Tuesday, May 31, 2016Our Dynasty rankings are predicated on a five year window. To project six seasons long term is unrealistic and not feasible considering the flux of free agency and the injury impact of the NFL. Along with different Dynasty league formatting. we factor individual talent, supporting cast, system, injury history/character concerns, and perceived value in the eyes of Dynasty players.
1. Odell Beckham, WR, NYG - Age 24
With very little competition for targets at this stage, Beckham has nothing to impede his superstar status. Eli Manning throws him the ball nonstop.
2. DeAndre Hopkins, WR, HOU - Age 24
Even with Brian Hoyer under center, Hopkins was a one-man Fantasy team. Improvement at the QB position means we may not have yet seen him at his best.
3. Antonio Brown, WR, PIT - Age 28
The only reason he isn't at the top of this list is because he is a bit older than his contemporaries. Brown is the definition of dominance. There is no stopping him if he's on the field.
4. Julio Jones, WR, ATL - Age 28
Losing Roddy White may ultimately help Julio in the short term as Matt Ryan and the rest of the offense will be forced to lean on Jones more and more. Health is the only drawback.
5. Allen Robinson, WR, JAX - Age 23
Blossomed in his second season and then some. Although, his 14 TDs in 2015 will be very tough to replicate.
6. Amari Cooper, WR, OAK - Age 22
A foot injury slowed what could have been an even bigger rookie campaign.
7. Mike Evans, WR, TB - Age 23
Sloppy play and inconsistency remain an issue. When he's on though, he can play like a high-end WR1.
8. Sammy Watkins, WR, BUF - Age 23
Th offense around could be better but Watkins has developed into a much more desirable prospect heading into Year 3.
9. A.J. Green, WR, CIN - Age 28
About 1,300 yards and 10 or more TDs in three of his five seasons. Age (28) not yet a problem.
10. Dez Bryant, WR, DAL - Age 28
One down year shouldn't scare off Dynasty owners. 1,200+ yards and 12 or more TDs in each of his three seasons prior to 2015.
11. Keenan Allen, WR, SD - Age 24
Lights out when on the field, but injuries are becoming an all too frequent problem.
12. Alshon Jeffery, WR, CHI - Age 27
A no-brainer WR1 when on the field. Always seems to be dinged up though.
13. Brandin Cooks, WR, NO - Age 23
Huge jump in sophomore season. Could be Antonio Brown 2.0.
14. Demaryius Thomas, WR, DEN - Age 29
Still put up 105 catches for 1,300+ yards and six TDs with underwhelming QB play and a bad offense all around. Let others jump off the bandwagon.
15. DeVante Parker, WR, MIA - Age 24
Expectations are very lofty. Considering the safety of other players around this ranking, there is still underlying risk.
16. Jarvis Landry, WR, MIA - Age 24
PPR stud. Not a lot of risk but may have peaked if we assume DeVante Parker makes the jump in 2016 and beyond.
17. Randall Cobb, WR, GB - Age 26
Not the Fantasy WR1 we all believed he could be when forced to play the real life WR1 position.
18. T.Y. Hilton, WR, IND - Age 27
Numbers didn't dip as much as many would have you believe. Small drop in perceived value may be a good thing for savvy owners.
19. Kelvin Benjamin, WR, CAR - Age 26
Efficiency will never be his forte. Newton will prop up his value and many are still not buying in for whatever reason.
20. Jordan Matthews, WR, PHI - Age 24
Took a step forward in his second season when many were expecting a leap. Only 24 and not a lot of competition for targets.
21. Donte Moncrief, WR, IND - Age 23
Role will expand thanks to the departure of Andre Johnson and Coby Fleener.
22. Jeremy Maclin, WR, KC - Age 28
Maclin's still a steady WR2 and by the numbers, his two best seasons were his last two seasons.
23. Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, PHI - Age 23
The Titans are bringing him to a slow boil and the "I told you so" owners are backing DGB in full force.
24. Laquon Treadwell, WR, MIN (R) - Age 21
Couldn't have landed in a better situation but if the situation is so great, why can't a Minnesota WR find legit Fantasy success?
25. Corey Coleman, WR, CLE (R) - Age 22
Absolutely the best WR on the team assuming Josh Gordon doesn't play. Dynasty owners could hit the PPR jackpot.