Playoffs: Top TEs
Six of the top 10 regular season tight ends (based on per game average) are in the postseason, headlined by the Patriot pair of Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Hernandez. Meanwhile, two other high profile options -Jermichael Finley and Owen Daniels - are headed in opposite directions, while two regular season TE1 types offer nice sleeper value if their teams advance. Rankings and selected commentary below...
1) Rob Gronkowski, New England - He's baaaack.
2) Aaron Hernandez, New England
3) Tony Gonzalez, Atlanta
4) Jermichael Finley, Green Bay - Over last three games: 18 receptions for 203 yards.
5) Dennis Pitta, Baltimore
6) Owen Daniels, Houston - Only 27 or fewer yards in three of last four games, but belongs in top half based on overall season.
7) Jacob Tamme, Denver - Could be Joel Dressen's time any week, but Tamme remains the best Bronco bet.
8) Vernon Davis, San Francisco - Comically irrelevant lately, yet can't forget his playoff performance from last season. At some point Davis gets unleashed, right?