Comments: 2013 NFL Mock Draft by FFToolbox Writer, Mark Morales-Smith
NFL Draft > 2013 > Mock Drafts > Comments

Comments: 2013 NFL Mock Draft

< Back to Mock Draft

Cowboys have the 16th pick, Baltimore has the 17th. Dallas won the coin toss back on Feb 19th.

CowboysAddicts.com 04/22/14 01:44 PM

I agree, I'd be shocked if they passed on Clinton-Dix, he's such a Jerry Jones pick. Super talented player who falls because of a troubled past. This is the guy that brought in T.O., Dez Bryant, Pacman, etc... He's a polarizing high risk high reward guy, I think he has first round talent but I personally like a few other safties better.
A guy like Gruden would be great, but the issue is guys like Gruden don't want the job because Jerry Jones undermines their authority. You're dead on, I don't see them being contenders with Jerry Jones being the GM. I wouldn't be shocked to see them in the basement of the NFC East next year. Then again who knows with that division.

Mark Morales-Smith 04/19/14 10:21 AM

Mark I think ha ha Clinton di is a perfect fit for the cowboys.jery jones is a retart !!! he needs to bring someone in like john gruden and I have been saying this for years now dallas will never win if JJ is running the cowboys look for a 8-8 season at best !!!

lambeaueast1959 04/19/14 09:40 AM

If the Packers can get the back end of their D together and put pressure on the QB, they have to be a NFC favorite to go to the super bowl. When ever you have a QB like Rodgers you have a shot. Its just a matter of getting past those great NFC West defenses, a first round bye could go a long way this season, but the Pack have a great shot to dominate the NFC North.

Mark Morales-Smith 04/18/14 11:25 PM

THAT SOUNDS GOOD TO ME THIS WILL FREE UP CLAY MATTHEWS !!!! I EX A BIG YEAR FOR MATTHEWS!!! SO MORE PREASURE ON THE QB THIS ALSO HELPS THE DACK END OF THE DEFF WHICH WILL IMPROVE THE PACKERS DEFF ALOT FROM LAST YEAR!!!

lambeaueast1959 04/18/14 11:17 PM

Honestly, I don't think three teams will pass up on Clowney because I think one of those teams will trade back. Most likely St Louis. But I can only mock as the draft currently is and I believe Houston and Jacksonville have to go QB and Stl has more pressing needs with Quinn and Long coming off huge years.
I believe the go with Bridgewater because he is the safest pick and Bill O'Brien is a smart guy. This is a team that had an awful year but isn't far removed from being a super bowl contender and aren't that far from getting back to that. they are a win now team and I believe Bortles is a work in progress and Johnny Football is to much of a wild card to risk the 1st overall pick with. However, I wouldn't be that shocked to see them trade back or try to grab a QB in the 2nd if they have another guy in mind or think someone will drop. How scary would it be though if Houston goes into next season with Watt and Clowney bookending the D-Line!?

Mark Morales-Smith 04/18/14 11:14 PM

Do you really think 3 teams can pass up on Clowney? And why Bridgewater over the other QB's?

ffchamp2014 04/18/14 11:05 PM

Peppers is obviously past his prime but also a great player and maybe one of the greatest athletes the DE position has ever seen. I believe he will make a difference. However, I don't believe it will be with great consistency. You will get those great 2.5 sack, forced fumble, 6 tackle games, but your also going to have to deal with him disappearing for some games as he has the past few years. I expect a little more boom or bust than he had in his prime.
The Elephant Defense refers to using the "Elephant End" position. With this they will line up a defensive over almost outside of the tight end. With this D formation the tight ends release down field will be disrupted. Also it creates more pressure and match up problems because now the TE has to block a pass rusher. So the O either has to sacrifice the pass catcher and put in a blocking TE or pass eligible tackle, keep a RB in on his side for extra protection, or risk the match up problem and hope the DE can be handled of the QB can get the ball out quick... Thanks for the question!

Mark Morales-Smith 04/18/14 10:59 PM

MARK-- DO YOU THINK THE SIGNING OF JULIUS PEPPERS WILL MAKE A BIG DIFF AND YHE PACKERS ARE SAYING THERE GOING TO USE THE ELEPHANT DEFF WITH PEPPERS ALSO THEY SAID THE 49S USED THAT DEFF REALLY DONT KNOW WHAT THEY MEAN BY ELEPHANT DEFF IF YOU HAVE A IDEA WHAT THEY MEAR OR COULD FIND OUT IT WOULD BE APP THANKS MONSTERS OF THE MIDWAY COMMISH !!!! DAVE

lambeaueast1959 04/18/14 10:27 PM

Hey, this is Mark, thanks for the question. I believe the Packers should go defense with their first pick, and most of their picks for that matter. However, I believe after losing Jones and Finley they make their high powered O even more high powered and do what they can to make their star QB happy. They are a team that seem to build a lot like the broncos or old colts teams. Score 40 points with maybe the best QB in the game, plug in a RB that can catch and take advantage of defenses dropping extra defenders into coverage, and on D get players that can make big plays. Get at the QB, and create turnovers. Then just hope that's enough to allow the O to outscore their opponents... Thanks again for the question and using fftoolbox for all your fantasy needs, look out for more drafts weekly up until the draft!

Mark Morales-Smith 04/18/14 10:08 PM

You must login in order to comment:

If you do not have an account yet, register here -- it's free

Warning: You don't have cookies enabled in your internet broswer. Without cookies, you will not be able to login. Some web browsers allow cookies to be managed on a per-site basis.