Odell Beckham Scouting Report
|Height & Weight:||5'11 - 193 lbs.|
|Draft Prediction:||First Round|
|Ranked #17 on our Top 100 Prospects Board|
2014 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report:
Odell Beckham, WR , LSU
For his size, his speed is something to be expected. Above-average hands. Plucks catches with his hands away from his body. Great hand-eye coordination. Can also contribute as a returner.
Less than ideal height and strength. Will struggle against press coverage. Will need to beat defenders using agility and acceleration. Good route runner, but often lazy in his route consistency if he doesn't see the ball regularly. Not a good run blocker. Must continue to separate himself in a crowded draft class.
Excellent awareness and vision with the football. Good head/shoulder fakes. Can start/stop to create separation. Comes from a NFL pedigree. Father played for LSU.
Beckham projects as a mid to late first rounder in the 2014 NFL Draft.
FANTASY OUTLOOK: Can be a backup in redraft leagues to start the season. This is assuming he lands in the Top 3 on the depth chart. Steadily climbing up draft boards for months now. In dynasty rookie drafts, should be considered around the 5th to 8th pick in the first round. May contribute immediately as a slot receiver.
Latest Player News & Rumors
- 12/19 The Beckham Jr. Report: 3 questions with Odell Beckham Jr. - giants.com
- 12/19 Odell Beckham would vote for Jarvis Landry for rookie of the year - Pro Football Talk
- 12/18 Giants-Rams features top rookies Odell Beckham Jr. and Tre Mason - giants.com
- 12/18 Odell Beckham is Favorite to Win OROY - Scout Giants
- 12/17 Antrel Rolle endorses Odell Beckham Jr. for Rookie of the Year - giants.com
0 Comments | Add Yours
You must login in order to comment:
If you do not have an account yet, register here -- it's free