Sammy Watkins Scouting Report
|Height & Weight:||6'1 - 205 lbs.|
|Draft Prediction:||Top 10|
|Ranked #5 on our Top 100 Prospects Board|
2014 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report:
Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson
Route running is still average and needs to learn to remain active after the play doesn't go his way. Excellent hands. Looks to pluck the ball out of the air and away from his body. Shows an excellent fluidity with his hand-eye coordination. Drops can sometimes become a compounding issue. Will sometimes lose control and be separated from the ball on contact.
Willingness to fight for yards after contact. Doesn't have the necessary size to be as physical as you'd like. Elusive. Not an elite open-field runner, won't use jukes. Focused on going north and south. Really good body control when going up for passes. Above-average leaper. Average height, excellent speed.
Watkins projects as a Top 5 or Top 10 pick in the 2014 NFL Draft.
FANTASY OUTLOOK: One of the premiere WR prospects to come out since A.J. Green. A touch more raw than ideal, but has all the tools. Should contribute immediately as a starter wherever he ends up. Depending upon his QB, he has WR3/flex potential as a rookie. Possible No. 1 pick in dynasty leagues.
Latest Player News & Rumors
- 10/19 Week 7: Sammy Watkins highlights - buffalobills.com
- 10/19 Sammy Watkins: "It's the Best Feeling Ever" - buffalobills.com
- 10/19 Sammy Watkins goes off for 122 yards, 2 TDs - Sammy Watkins | BUF - rotoworld.com
- 10/19 Kyle Orton 2-yard TD pass to Sammy Watkins - buffalobills.com
- 10/19 Kyle Orton 26-yard TD pass to Sammy Watkins - buffalobills.com
1 Comment | Add Yours
You must login in order to comment:
If you do not have an account yet, register here -- it's free