Michael Sam Scouting Report
|Height & Weight:||6'2 - 261 lbs.|
|Draft Prediction:||Seventh Round|
2014 NFL Draft Prospect Scouting Report:
Michael Sam, DL , Missouri
Long arms, uses them well. Solid first step and anticipation to break on the ball. Consistent hard-worker, no red flags. Really lacking acceleration. Like a big SUV making a slow turn through an intersection. Needs to show more snap and viciousness on the edge. Decent anchor to hold ground against run blocking. Limited range versus the run. Plays better when tracking the QB and working his opponent back into the pocket. Really peaked as a senior.
Disappointing combine with below-average vertical and 40-yard dash. Could find a home on a defense that plays aggressive and downhill and doesn't ask their OLBs to do a whole lot in coverage. Had a special senior season that could earn him an undrafted free agent contract in the end.
Sam projects as a late flier in the seventh round, but will likely go undrafted in the 2014 NFL Draft.
Latest Player News & Rumors
- 09/03 National reaction: Jerry Jones bailed out NFL; if any team can handle Michael Sam 'distraction,' it' - Dallas Morning News
- 09/02 Michael Sam speaks about chance with Cowboys, his boyfriend and heading home to Texas - Dallas Morning News
- 09/02 Sherrington: Only one reason to be offended if Cowboys sign Michael Sam - Dallas Morning News
- 09/02 Sherrington: Only reason to be offended if Cowboys sign Michael Sam has nothing to do with his sexua - Dallas Morning News
- 09/02 Cowboys mulling DE Sam for practice squad - Michael Sam | FA - rotoworld.com
0 Comments | Add Yours
You must login in order to comment:
If you do not have an account yet, register here -- it's free